MFRC’s laboratories are comprehensively equipped for experimentation and analysis.
Our capacities include:
- Molecular/proteomics laboratories
- Cell culture and microbiology facilities
- Analytical chemistry facilities including mass-spectrometry and Fourier-transform infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy
- Histology and image analysis suite
- Ireland’s only land-based HPRA authorised marine recirculation facility
- General wet & dry laboratory space
- Office accommodation
- Bioacoustic monitoring equipment
- Boats, engines & sampling equipment including water sampling drone
GMIT’s MFRC hosts the co-ordination offices of Ireland’s Strategic Marine Alliance for Research and Training. As a key partner within this collaborative programme our staff and students enjoy access to researchers and infrastructure for offshore operations aboard research vessels in a broad range of marine sciences and technologies.